Made of the alloy ferrocerium, these rods have the property of producing very hot sparks when rubbed against a rough surface. The sparks are actually tiny flakes of molten ferrocerium with an extremely high temperature. Add a handle of your own design and you have your own unique fire starting kit.
Features & Highlights
- Pack of 4 extra large firesteel rods, 3/8 x 4 inch size, more effective striking area then smaller firesteels.
- Produces a shower of 3000 C sparks when rubbed with high carbon steel (like knife blade)
- Unlike matches or lighters, these will function when wet or in high wind
- Sparks will quickly ignite dry tinder (cotton balls soaked in Vaseline, etc)
- Customize your own handles of bone, antler, hardwood etc. A great project for woodsmen of all ages!
|Item Size:||0.36 x 0.38 x 0.38 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by LabStock, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
mpn: 14118977, ean: 0619271261517,
FireSteel Specifications Size: 3/20 inch diameter by 2 inches long (3.8 x 50.8mm). Weight: .13 ounces (3.7 grams). 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions. Composition: FireSteel.com premium firesteel metals. Don't le...