The award-winning LifeStraw water filter technology has evolved with the addition of a 2-stage filtration system and a sleek, durable steel straw body. In addition to the hollow fiber membrane found in the original LifeStraw personal water filter, which filters out virtually all bacteria and protozoa, the LifeStraw Steel offers the additional benefits of a replaceable activated carbon capsule, which reduces chemicals such as chlorine as well as organic compounds—including pesticides and herbicides—for up to 100 liters. The result is better tasting and odor-free water, straight from the source. Removes a minimum 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (>log 6 reduction) and surpasses EPA standards for water filters, and removes minimum 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>log 3 reduction) and filters to an amazing 0.2 microns. As with the original LifeStraw, the LifeStraw Steel requires no batteries, pumping or waiting, providing quick access to clean water on-the-go from lakes, rivers, and streams. The food-grade stainless steel housing is sturdy and meets FDA standards, and the sleek, portable design makes it ideal for camping, backpacking, and international travel. An essential component of any emergency prepardness or disaster survival kit, no home, car, or bugout bag should be without one. The filtration straw includes a steel cap for extra durability. Membrane filters up to 1,000 liters. Measures 9 x 1 x 1 inches; weighs 4.2 ounces. For each LifeStraw purchased, one child in a developing community receives safe drinking water for an entire school year
Features & Highlights
- Stainless steel LifeStraw water filter features 2-stage filtration system that eliminates contaminants as well as odors and tastes
- Durable and compact food-grade stainless steel straw meets FDA standards and is ideal for hiking, camping, backpacking, travel, and outdoor survival
- Removes minimum 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria and 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites, and filters to 0.2 microns; surpasses EPA filter standard
- Replaceable carbon capsule provides 2-stage filtration that reduces chlorine, organic chemicals, odors and bad tastes
- Filters up to 1,000 liters and does not require batteries, pumping, or chemicals; measures 9 x 1 x 1 inches and weighs 4.2 ounces
|Item Weight:||0.26 pounds|
|Item Size:||1 x 1 x 1 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.35 pounds|
|Package Size:||4.49 x 2.36 x 2.36 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by LifeStraw, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.